What are healthy ways to deal with anger??
Anger is a powerful emotion. It can make us feel strong and powerful, or it can make us feel out of control.
When we’re angry, it’s important to find a way to express that anger in a healthy way.
Here are some holistic techniques I recommend:
1) Destroy things: This may seem like an odd way to deal with anger, but it can be really cathartic. Smash some plates, break some windows- just let your anger out in a healthy safe way. Aim your anger- think Hulk smash.
2) Dance: Music and movement are great ways to express emotions. Put on your favorite song and dance around the room, twerk it out until you’ve worked through your anger.
3) Writing: When I’m feeling angry, sometimes writing down my thoughts and feelings can help me to calm down. It can also be helpful to write letters to the person or situation that made me angry, but then never send them.
4) Talking: Sometimes talking to a friend or family member about what’s going on can help us to process our emotions and feel better. Find support and get resources.
5) Screaming: Yelling into a pillow or into the air until your lungs feel like they will burst!!!
6) Sing: When you’re angry, sing whatever comes to mind. It can be a song from your childhood, or something more current. Let the anger out through your voice. Throat Chakra.
7) Draw: Get a piece of paper and some crayons, pens, pencils, or markers, and draw what’s going on inside of you. Draw the anger as best as you can see it. Seeing it on paper may help you process it better
8) Leave the situation space: If you’re feeling angry and there’s someone or something around that’s making you angrier, leave the situation! Go for a walk, leave if possible, and remove yourself.
9) Language: One approach is to use “I” statements. Look within, take ownership. This means describing the problem in a respectful and specific way. Some people might criticize or place blame, which could only increase the tension.
**Using I statements can help us avoid getting defensive or attacking the other person. It also gives them a chance to understand our perspective and maybe offer a solution.
Managing anger can be a difficult task, but it is important to do so in a safe and healthy way. To be angry is OK!!!!
I hope that you have found at least one method on this list that will work for you.
What is your favorite way to manage your anger? Let us know in the comments!
And don’t forget, For A Balanced Life, Just Add SPICE!!
Your Brain Body Balance Doctor
Follow #getyourspice all across the socials
Visit www.getyourspice.net to learn more about my programs and my story.